Working With Us
The cost of your return will depend on its complexity and time required to prepare it.
To help minimize your accounting costs, we encourage you to fill in our tax packages, including expense sheets and worksheets where applicable.Tax Packages
For new clients, we offer a complimentary initial consultation (up to 15 minutes).
Additional meetings or questions
(in-person, telephone, email)
are billed at an hourly rate.
YOU ASSEMBLE YOUR INFORMATION
We encourage you to fill in our tax packages.
- New clients should also include a copy of your previous year’s tax return and/or Notice of Assessment.
- Questions? You can call, email, or drop in during business hours. For new clients, we offer a complimentary initial consultation (up to 15 minutes) with one of our tax preparers via phone, e-mail, or in-person. For existing clients, meeting charges will apply.
YOU SUBMIT YOUR MATERIALS
Completed tax packages and supporting documentation can be mailed to our office, submitted via our secure portal system, or dropped off in person.
- Please gather all information before submitting your tax package, and be as organized as possible to minimize the amount of correspondence required.
- If you are planning to submit documentation electronically, please email email@example.com so we can set up your personal portal. When uploading information, best practice is to consolidate your information into as few files as possible. Please do not send your information via Dropbox or Google.
- For your convenience, there is a drop-off box in the hall just outside our suite. After hours, please use the mail slot on the left side of the door.
- Please note our office deadlines and timelines for returns.
WE PREPARE YOUR RETURN
We will contact you if we have any questions or need any clarification while we are working on your return.
- As registered tax preparers, we are required to electronically file Canadian T1, T2 and GST/HST returns.
- If you request a paper return, a surcharge will apply.
- For US returns, we electronically file federal and state returns in most cases.
- Once your return is completed, we will contact you.
CANADIAN TAX RETURNS
We are accepting new clients. Please call or email to arrange a complimentary consultation with one of our tax preparers, or simply complete and submit your tax package to our office at tax time.
US INDIVIDUAL TAX RETURNS
We are selectively accepting new clients, usually those who work in the arts & entertainment industry.
If this applies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following preliminary details:
(NOTE: please do not send any confidential identifying information such as SSNs or ITINs in your email)
- Types of returns you need prepared (US/Canadian/Both) and for which year/s
- Your place of citizenship (US/Canadian/Both) and residency (for tax purposes)
- Do you have any US income? If yes, please indicate the type (employment/self-employment, investment, rental properties, etc.)
- Any other details we should know about your tax situation.
Once your information is received, our US tax preparers will be in touch.